1. Leon Webb
2. The Open Book Foundation
3. Charlotte, NC
5. www.tobf.org instagram: @TheOpenbookfoundation facebook: The Open Book Foundation
6. The Open Book Foundation purchases and donates new books to Title I elementary schools and community organizations supporting low-income neighborhoods.
7. Pro of being the face of your own brand? The reward of seeing you passion and commitment to something outside of yourself come to light for the benefit of others.
8. Con of being face of own brand? The responsibility and pressure that comes with ensuring your brand is constantly being represented in the manner you want to see it.
9. Mental Mentors (up to 3, Who inspires you?) Dr. Cornell West, My Father Carvent Webb Sr., Paul Mooney
10. Inspirational quote that speaks to your business acumen:
“People need to understand that it’s not the schools job to find books for our kids—it’s our job. They don’t need another phone; they need books. That’s what we’re trying to do.”
11. How does the mission of Nomadness (living a life without boundaries, both literally and figuratively) fall in line with steps you have taken building your brand? Travel is created through inspiration; and for many individuals that inspiration came from having the opportunity to read, imagine, and aspire to re-define the social norms of society. With every book we donate we ensure that another future scholar has that same opportunity that was afforded to us.