2. Company name
Diosas al Natural (translation: Natural Goddesses). I run the business with my partner, Joaquin.
3. Location (City, State)
4. Year Company Was Started
5. Website Address/Social Media Handles for Twitter And/Or Instagram
6. In two sentences what does your company do/brand represent?
Diosas al Natural is the vessel of the Natural Hair Movement in Puerto Rico. Using photography as our creative medium, we’ve started the conversation in Spanish about culture, beauty, and community amongst women with Naturally Curly/Coily hair on the island and throughout Latin America.
7. Pro of being the face of your own brand?
When people hear your name, they visualize the space/brand that you have created. That is powerful and proof of your purpose!
8. Con of being face of own brand?
You always have to be ON. While you are human, your actions can taint or boost your image, for better or for worse.
9. Mental Mentors (up to 3, Who inspires you?)
Issa Rae. Debbie Allen. Mark Cuban. Those are the 3 that come to mind. I may say 3 different names tomorrow! I’m breaking the rules, but I will add Alice Smith to that line-up as well.
10. Inspirational quote that speaks to your business acumen
These 2 quotes, both my Mark Cuban
Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don't do it.
One thing we can all control is effort. Put in the time to become an expert in whatever you’re doing. It will give you an advantage because most people don’t do this.
11. How does the mission of Nomadness (living a life without boundaries, both literally and figuratively) fall in line with steps you have taken building your brand?
Bringing along new ideas and challenging the status quo will be met with both praise and venom. After grasping that idea and accepting it, I (along with my partner) am able to imagine and put into action events & projects that I visualize as appropriate for my brand and those who I do this for. Anyone who isn’t contributing in a productive manner to the vision doesn’t phase me and won’t stop the grind!