1. Name: Dean K. Moore
2. Company: Heirport Apparel
3. Location (City, State): Roosevelt, NY
4. Year Company Was Starter: 2007
5. Website Address/Social Media Handles for Twitter And/Or Instagram
heirportapparel.com // @heirport
6. In two sentences what does your company do/brand represent?
"Life on A Higher Plane" Rags to riches, hanger to hangar, runway to runway, coast to coast. (H)onor, (H)eraldy, (H)eart, (H)ighness and (H)andcraft.
7. Pro of being the face of your own brand?
When your brand is literally an extension of you, you just have to be yourself, your best self, but yeah this is also your aim.
8. Con of being face of own brand?
You own the shortcomings and you sacrifice a certain level of privacy. The wins are fulfilling but the losses cut deep, you have to learn poise during the highs and resolve during the lows. Each season is coming you have dress according to the climate.
9. Mental Mentors (up to 3, Who inspires you?)
Steve Jobs, Marc Echo, Steve Stoute. I can credit them each for some real inspiration and guidance that I sincerely take to heart. I have a genuine appreciation for each of their contributions to lifestyle + culture as well.
10. Inspirational quote that speaks to your business acumen:
"The tendency of all life is onward and upward. Therefore, to ask anything to come down is to violate the very purpose of existence. If we wish to be with the higher, the greater and the superior, we must change ourselves and become higher, greater and superior; and this we all can do."
11. How does the mission of Nomadness (living a life without boundaries, both literally and figuratively) fall in line with steps you have taken building your brand?
We identify with that completely it's a direct reflection our respective lifestyle. Our best moments came from being curios and fearless, "swimming against the current" with a clear vision of the future and the discipline to see it come to fruition.