1. Name: Abigail Tarttelin
2. Company Name: Abigail Tarttelin
3. Location (City, State): London, England
4. Year Company Was Started: 2012, but I've been working on my business since 2007, maybe even since I was 8!
5. Website Address/Social Media Handles for Twitter And/Or Instagram www.abigailtarttelin.com // @abigailsbrain // www.instagram.com/civilizedanimal (instagram is my favorite!) // www.facebook.com/abigailtarttelin // imakethingsup.tumblr.com
6. In two sentences what does your company do/brand represent?
I am an internationally published author, actress and creative. With my projects I promote progressive politics, feminism, the importance of reading and education, and LGBTQIA rights.
7. Pro of being the face of your own brand?
All of the work I put my time, money and sweat into raises my value, and not a boss's. I hate the fact so many people work so hard for so little, to the great benefit of the very rich.
8. Con of being face of own brand?
I'm still growing and discovering myself and sometimes that means you have to make mistakes in public. Also I can never go out looking like crap and sometimes I wish I could, because I can't always be bothered to do my hair!
9. Mental Mentors (up to 3, Who inspires you?)
Tavi Gevinson, also Extraordinary "Ordinary" people (hint: everyone)
10. Inspirational quote that speaks to your business acumen
"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
11. How does the mission of Nomadness (living a life without boundaries, both literally and figuratively) fall in line with steps you have taken building your brand?
I like to think my brand is an ever-evolving thing, because I'm an author primarily now, but in ten year's time, who knows? That's the beauty of building your own brand: it can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it's YOU, even if it's somewhere other people fear to tread.